top of page
  • FB smaller.jpg
  • instagram smaller.jpg
  • tumblr smaller.jpg
  • twitter smaller.jpg
  • email smaller.jpg

And I thought I was bad...

My friend Becky just forwarded this article to me. It's even funnier because this took place only one town over from where I work. (text after the jump) Mother arrested after returning late library books Posted: Sep 27, 2012 10:37 AM EDTUpdated: Sep 27, 2012 11:29 AM EDT By WFSB Staff TRUMBULL, CT (WFSB) - A mother in Trumbull has been arrested after police said she was late with returning books from a local library that were checked out for her children, according to an article posted in the Stamford Advocate. According to the Stamford Advocate, Nancy Harris, 58, who also was an employee at the library, was arrested Tuesday. She was charged with fifth-degree larceny and was released from jail on a promise to appear in court, according to the article. Police said the director of the public library complained to them that Harris, an employee, was using the library card she obtained in Trumbull, and two cards from Easton that he obtained in her childrens' names. The Stamford Advocate reported that Harris borrowed numerous books, DVDs and magazines, but Harris was told she couldn't do it because she wasn't a resident of Easton. In the span of a year, the Stamford Advocate reported, Harris checked out 121 items valued at $3,048 and never returned the items. On Aug. 6, police said, she returned all but 25 items, valued at $385. The Stamford Advocate reported that when Harris was confronted by police, she told them she didn't understand why she was being arrested because she had returned everything. Bernadette Baldino, the library director, said it was First Selectman Thomas Herrmann's decision to arrest Harris, and she also disputed the amount of items Harris checked out, according to the Stamford Advocate. She said Harris checked out 78 items, including books, DVDs, magazines and audiotapes. She said she told Harris she had 24 hours to return everything, but Harris took five days, the Stamford Advocate reported, and most of the items have since been returned. To read the article by the Stamford Advocate, click here.

recent posts
search for stuff
bottom of page